Sometimes it can be difficult to pick out gifts for people for a variety for reasons. Perhaps you and your friend are of different genders, have different interests, or the person simply seems to have everything! Well travelers are actually some of the easiest people to shop for, especially women. We are constantly struggling to pack lighter bags, find multi-use women, and ways to make our lives easier while on the road! If you’re struggling for ideas for the traveling lady in your life, look no further.
- A Fabulous Scarf – Scarves are kind of like the ultimate thing you could possibly pack. The amount of uses is incredible. If you get a large one it can also be used as a sort of sarong or even as a blanket in warm places but also keeps you warm around your neck in colder places. It’s great on long bus rides because it can be used as a pillow or to cover your eyes while you sleep. I have also even used it as a shawl
- Menstrual Cup – If you haven’t heard of it, they are amazing. Pretty much anyone who travels is always in need of extra space in their bags and for women it’s pretty frustrating taking up so much room with tampons and pads. A menstrual cup eliminates this hassle and it lasts much longer than a tampon; plus they’re great for the environment so it’s a win-win.
- Ear Plugs and Sleeping Mask – Traveling means sleeping where you can, when you can. That doesn’t always mean it is going to be quiet or dark out so giving these a gift is both practical and amazing.
- Pocket Knife – The realities of a traveling woman, especially alone, is that you tend to be more of a target. This should never hold you back but it also means being smart. Giving the girl in your life a pocketknife will be great so she can feel extra safe and it also comes in handy when cooking in a hostel with limited utensils!
- Journal – These are my favorite souvenirs. Even if your female friend doesn’t write much normally, traveling tends to bring it out in people. Having your own memories written down as a way to look back on your trip is invaluable.
- Packing Cubes – Living out of a backpack is often dirty and disorganized. Packing cubes help make it much easier to find things in your backpack without digging around as much. Keeping everything separated will save a lot of time and hassle.
- Toiletry Containers – Packing full of size shampoos and conditioners is a waste of space and much more extra weight than anyone needs. Using tiny bottles will make your friend’s trip a lot happier!